The Hoover Library & Museum enables visitors to experience for themselves the many sides of Iowa's only president:
- The permanent galleries begin with Hoover's boyhood in Iowa and continue on to the Waldorf Towers in New York where he spent the final years of his life.
- The Quarton Gallery offers exciting temporary exhibits relating to American history.
- In the Hoover Library people of all ages can learn about President Hoover's life and career. Using manuscripts, photographs and oral histories, one can learn the stories of our history.
The Hoover Museum sits on the grounds of the Herbert Hoover National Historic Site where visitors can tour:
- Mr. Hoover's birthplace cottage
- a blacksmith shop
- Quaker Meeting house
- school house
- the gravesite of Mr. and Mrs. Hoover